Sunday, May 9, 2010

Protect the Cyrene Reef

I’m Eddic Lim, I’m marketing executive for recycling company, I’m also volunteer for Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, I think I’m the first few persons that register for the trip, before I depart to Cyrene reef, I’m totally don’t know what is and where is Cyrene reef, and I don’t know what to expect. For me it just another trip.
On that day, I seem a bit excited and I woke up on 4am, it is unusual for me. 5.50am we depart and the darkness still cover the land, what is visible is the oil refining plant and the cargo ship, once landed on the Cyrene reef, I’m like entered to another work, similar to the Jack Sully in the Avatar, everything is special for me and it is exotic.








The dawn break and start to reveal the true Cyrene, it is lot more to see, I saw Starfish. Sea cucumber, Stony Coral, anemones, Crab…..I can’t believe that Singapore still own this kind of wonder, we continue to search for seahorse, but not found, but we found Octopus, Hairy crab as a consolation prize.

The Sea level is rising mark the end of the Low tide, we have to leave the place
On the return Journey, I look back to the modern world, it show me how much environment tolerant to human development, and the surrounding marine and oil industries post a great treat to them.

Hope that the peace on the Reef can go on and on with afford of the conservationist and the Government, together we make a better place to live for us and also the Wild life out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment